Georgia law allows early voting for the Jan. 5 runoff election starting Dec. 14.
If a voter has received an absentee ballot but not filled it out, that individual can bring his or her blank ballot to the polling place and turn it in to poll workers, then proceed to vote in-person.
Voters can also take a completed absentee ballot and turn it in to secure absentee ballot boxes.
In Chatham County boxes will have 24-hour surveillance for security. Here are the locations for secure absentee ballot boxes:
- Savannah Civic Center, 301 W. Oglethorpe Ave. The box is located on the Montgomery Street side of the facility.
- W. W. Law Community Center, 900 E. Bolton St.
- Historic Carver Village Community Center, 905 Collat Ave.
- Liberty City Community Center, 1401 Mills B. Lane Blvd.
- Southwest Library, 14097 Abercorn St., beside Savannah Mall
- Whitemarsh Island Chatham County Police Precinct, 54 Johnny Mercer Blvd.
- Savannah State University, 3219 College St. The box is located on the LaRoche Street campus entrance near T.A. Wright Stadium
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Building, 17 Minus Ave., Garden City
- Chatham County Board of Elections office, 1117 Eisenhower Drive. The box is located at the door on the backside of the complex.
- Pooler City Hall, 100 US-80, Pooler 31322
Follow Your Absentee Ballot
Monday, Dec. 14 In-person early voting begins
Jan. 5, 2021 Runoff for U.S Senate seats, one Public Service Commission seat
Where Can I Vote Now?
Advance (early) voting sites in Coastal Georgia
More information available at:
How Do I Know My Status?
Voters can check their voting status at the state’s My Voter Page.